As a French class focused on our young learners, we believe that interest and practice facilitate our students’ learning in a long way. Our Montessori certified French teacher engages students in multi-sensory ways. Our students are having fun in French through singing, creative writing and reading.
In addition, we facilitate students’ phonics-related abilities from French phonemic awareness to reading comprehension. As a result, our many students can start to read French by themselves at such a young age. Whether they choose to attend an English school or a French school, their early French learning experience brings competence and confidence in their further studies.
· Montessori Inspired
· Based on Spell to Write and Read (SWR) theory
· Multi-modal (linguistic, audio, spatial, gestural, and visual) pedagogy and multi-sensory learning experience
· Enhance students’ manuscript French handwriting skills
· Focus on the pronunciation of French letters
· Introduce multiple pronunciations of a letter
· Facilitate students’ phonemic awareness, syllabic awareness, and decoding abilities
· Includes vocabularies, reading comprehension, grammar and writing
· Enhance students’ independent French reading abilities and French reading comprehensive abilities
· Build a solid foundation for students no matter whether they will attend English schools or French schools